Important Events of March – 18
Birth Anniversary of Rudolf Diesel
- Rudolf Christian Karl Diesel was born on 18 March, 1858.
- He was a German inventor and mechanical engineer, famous for the invention of the diesel engine, and for his mysterious death.
- In the 1892, Rudolf Diesel invented an efficient, compression ignition, internal combustion engine that bears his name.
Awards: Elliott Cresson Medal (1901).
- The diesel internal combustion engine differs from the gasoline powered Otto cycle by using highly compressed hot air to ignite the fuel rather than using a spark plug (compression ignition rather than spark ignition).
- In the true diesel engine, only air is initially introduced into the combustion chamber.
Death : He died on September 29, 1913.
|For Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|