Important Events of March – 15
World Consumer Rights Day
- The World Consumer Rights Day was observed across the world on March 15, 2018 with an aim to promote basic rights of consumers and to ensure that these rights are respected and protected.
- On 15 March in 1962, the US President John F Kennedy formally addressed the issue of consumer rights in US Congress.
- He was the first world leader to do so. Now, the consumer movement marks that date every year as a means of raising global awareness about consumer rights.
- The first World Consumer Rights Day was observed in the year 1983.
- On the occasion of the World Consumer Rights Day, several functions were organised across India.
- In India, besides the World Consumer Rights Day, people observe the National Consumer Day on 24 December.
- The theme of 2018 World Consumer Rights Day is ‘Making Digital Marketplaces Fairer’.
- Building on the success of the 2017 Better Digital World campaign, the 2018 campaign will aim to promote digital marketplaces that are more accessible, safer and fairer for consumers across the globe.
World Sleep Day
(World Sleep Day is observed annually on the Friday before the March Equinox)
World Sleep Day (the Friday before the northern hemisphere vernal equinox) is an annual event organized by the World Sleep Day Committee of the World Sleep Society, formerly World Association of Sleep Medicine (WASM), since 2008.
The goal is to celebrate the benefits of good and healthy sleep and to draw society’s attention to the burden of sleep problems and their medical, educational, and social aspects, and to promote the prevention and management of sleep disorders.
2018 Theme: ‘Join the Sleep World, Preserve Your Rhythms to Enjoy Life’
For WhatsAPP Group – Click Here
Telegram Channel Click Here