Important Events of March – 10
Birth Anniversary of Perunchithiranar
(Regarded as the father of Tamil Nation.)
Perunchithiranar (10 March 1933 – 11 June 1995) was a Tamil poet and Tamil nationalist who known for his involvement in Pure Tamil Movement.
- Perunchithiranar was born to Duraisamiyar and kunchammal in Samuthiram near Salem
- He did his schooling in Salem and Attur.
Occupation – Writer, Poet, Thani Thamizh activist.
- He married Kamalam who was later known as Thamarai Ammaiyar.
- He went to Salem Municipal College where Devaneya Pavanar worked as Tamil professor.
- He worked for the Thani Tamil Iyakkam.
- After his college, he worked in postal department in Puducherry.
- In 1959, he transferred to Cuddalore where started his Thenmozhi magazine.
- Perunchiththiranar published over a dozen Tamil books during his lifetime.
- He also founded and edited two more magazines , Tamilsittu and Tamil Nilam
In 1965, he was arrested for anti-Hindi remarks in his magazine. He was imprisoned twice after the assassination of Rajiv Gandhi because of his continued support for Tamil Eelam.
Died: June 11, 1995 (aged 62) Tamil Nadu, India
Birth Anniversary of Marcello Malpighi
(Father of microscopical anatomy, histology, physiology and embryology)
Marcello Malpighi (10 March 1628 – 29 November 1694) was an Italian biologist and physician. He was an Italian doctor, who gave his name to several physiological features, like the Malpighian tubule system. Although the microscope was invented early in the 17th century, it was not much used until Robert Hooke improved the instrument.
Malpighi was born on 10 March 1628 at Crevalcore near Bologna, Italy. The son of well-to-do parents, Malpighi was educated in his native city.
Marcello Malpighi died of apoplexy (an old-fashioned term for a stroke or stroke-like symptoms) in Rome on 29 September 1694, at the age of 66.
|Starting Date to send Filled up Application Form||22.05.2018|
|Last Date for receipt of the filled up Application Form||25.06.2018|