Important Events Of June 7
World Food Safety Day
The first-ever World Food Safety Day, adopted by the United Nations General Assembly in December 2018, will be celebrated on 7 June 2019 under the theme “Food Safety, everyone’s business”. WHO, in collaboration with the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) is pleased to facilitate Member States effort to celebrate the World Food Safety Day this year and in coming years.
Birth Anniversary Of Tennis Player Mahesh Bhupathi
Mahesh Shrinivas Bhupathi (born 7 June 1974) is a retired Indian professional tennis player.
- In 1997, he became the first Indian to win a Grand Slam tournament (with Rika Hiraki).
- With his win at the Australian Open mixed doubles in 2006, he joined the elite group of eight tennis players who have achieved a career Grand Slam in mixed doubles.
- He is also the founder of International Premier Tennis League.
- In December 2016, Bhupathi was appointed as India’s next non-playing Davis Cup captain and took over the reins from Anand Amritraj in February 2017.
- He is also a part of the Hon. Board of Advisors of IIMUN.
- In 2001, he was awarded the Padma Shri, one of India’s highest civilian awards.
- 1944 – World War II: The steamer Danae, carrying 350 Cretan Jews and 250 Cretan partisans, is sunk without survivors off the shore of Santorini.
- 1944 – World War II: Battle of Normandy: At Ardenne Abbey, members of the SS Division Hitlerjugend massacre 23 Canadian prisoners of war.
- 1946 – BBC One, the main channel of the United Kingdom’s BBC returns to airing after being off air for 7 years due to the Second World War.
To Know All Daily Events – Click Here
|For Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|