World Environment Day
- World Environment Day (WED) theme for 2019 is “Beat Air Pollution”.
- World Environment Day was announced in 1972.
- The United Nations Environment Program (UNEP) is responsible for the celebrations of this day on behalf of the council.
- Where people live in a clean and healthy environment they work well there.The children living there study well.
- The objective is to create awareness on environmental issues and take care of the environment .
Mohammad Ismail Birth Day
- He was born on June 5, 1896 in Tirunelveli district.
- He was an Indian politician belonging to the Indian Union Muslim League.
- He was a member of the Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly and a member of the Indian Parliament both Rajya Sabha and Lok Sabha.
- He was also a member of the Indian Constituent Assembly which framed the Indian Constitution.
- He is popularly known in his native states of Tamil Nadu and Kerala by the title “Gayithey-Millath” (Leader of the Nation).
- Urdu word Gayithey Millath meaning is guiding leader.
- Mahathma Gandhi participated in the non-cooperation movement and began to engage in the Indian independence movement.
- In 1906, Nawab Salim Mullahakan started the All India Muslim League for the people of Musulim in India.
- He was also a member of the Constituent Assembly of India who created the Indian Constitution.
- In 1945 he became Leader of the Tamil Nadu Muslim League in Tamil Nadu.
- He was elected as Chairman of the Indian Union Muslim League in 1948.
- From 1952 to 1958, he served as a member of the upper board of Delhi.
- In the elections of 1962, 1967, 1971, Kerala , Manjeri was elected to the Lok Sabha constituency.
- In 1967 the Dravida Munnethra Kazhagam played a major role in the state assembly elections.
- Chennai Business Department, Southern Railway Advisory Council, Indian Agricultural Research Council, Industry Planning Commission, Chambers Corporation and South Indian Business Chamber.
- He was the Chairman of the Tamil Development Corporation.
- The Tamil Nadu Government named Nagapattinam District “Millath Nagapattinam District”.In 1996 after the removal of the names of the heads of districts the name was changed to Nagapattinam district.
- In 2003 the Tamil Nadu government built a memorial Mani Mandapam in his memory.
- The name of the Millath is now available to many educational institutions in Tamil Nadu.
- Millath Bridge is set up in Chennai in honor of Millath.
- He died on April 4, 1972.
- 1959 – The first government of Singapore is sworn in.
- 1984 – Operation Blue Star: Under orders from India’s prime minister, Indira Gandhi, the Indian Army begins an invasion of the Golden Temple, the holiest site of the Sikh religion.
- 1977 – Military Revolution in Seychelles.
To Know All Daily Events – Click Here
|For Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|