Dadabhai Naoroji Memorial Day
He was Born On September 4, 1825.
- He was known as the Grand Old Man of India, He was a Parsi intellectual, educator, cotton trader, and an early Indian political and social leader. He was a Liberal Party member of Parliament (MP) in the United Kingdom House of Commons between 1892 and 1895, and the first Indian to be a British MP.
- In 2014, Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg inaugurated the Dadabhai Naoroji Awards for services to UK-India relation.
- India Post dedicated a stamp to Dadabhai Naoroji on 29th December, 2017, on the occasion of the 100th Death Anniversary of the Independence stalwart, in Ahmedabad.
He was Died On June 30, 1917 at the age of 91.
Mike Tyson Birth Day
BIRTH DAY :
He was Born on June 30, 1996.
- He is an American former professional boxer who competed from 1985 to 2005. He reigned as the undisputed world heavyweight champion and holds the record as the youngest boxer to win a heavyweight title at 20 years, 4 months and 22 days old.
- Tyson won his first 19 professional fights by knockout, 12 of them in the first round. He won the WBC title in 1986 after stopping Trevor Berbick in two rounds, and added the WBA and IBF titles after defeating James Smith and Tony Tucker in 1987.
International Asteroid Day
- In December 2016 the United Nations General Assembly adopted resolution declaring 30 June International Asteroid Day in order to “observe each year at the international level the anniversary of the Tunguska impact over Siberia, Russian Federation, on 30 June 1908, and to raise public awareness about the asteroid impact hazard.”
- International Asteroid Day aims to raise public awareness about the asteroid impact hazard and to inform the public about the crisis communication actions to be taken at the global level in case of a credible near-Earth object threat.
International Day of Parliamentarism
- June 30 is the day designated to celebrate the International Day of Parliamentarism. It is also the date, in 1889, on which the Inter-Parliamentary Union — the global organization of parliaments — was established.
- This Day celebrates parliaments and the ways in which parliamentary systems of government improve the day-to-day lives of people the world over. It is also an opportunity for parliaments to take stock, identify challenges, and ways to address them effectively.