Sustainable Gastronomy Day
Sustainable Gastronomy Day 2019. Sustainable Gastronomy Day emphasizes the need to focus the world’s attention on the role that sustainable gastronomy can play. It also reaffirms that all cultures and civilizations are contributors and crucial enablers of sustainable development.
Lakshmibai Memorial Day
- Lakshmibai, the Rani of Jhansi was born on 19 November 1828.
- She was an Indian queen and warrior.
- She was one of the leaders of the Indian Rebellion of 1857 and became for Indian nationalists a symbol of resistance to the rule of the British East India Company in India.
- After all the British in Jhansi had been killed by mutinous Indian troops in June 1857 the Rani took over the administration provisionally until the British returned.
- However she had to form an army to defeat the invading forces of Orchha and Datia and the British believed she had been responsible for the earlier British deaths.
- In March 1858, British forces led by Sir Hugh Rose came to Jhansi to take back the city from the Rani who now wanted independence.
- Jhansi was besieged and finally taken after strong resistance. Many of the people of the city were killed in the fighting and many more afterwards.
- The Rani escaped to Kalpi and jointly with the Maratha general Tantya Tope then seized Gwalior.
- In the battle of Kotah ki Serai in which their army was defeated Rani Lakshmibai was mortally wounded, 17th June 1858.
- She died on 18 June 1858.
To Know All Daily Events – Click Here
|For Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|