Maylswamy Annadurai Birth Day
- He was born on July 2,1958 in TamilNadu.
- He is an engineer from Tamil Nadu. He joined ISRO in 1982.
- He is a Distinguished scientist with the Indian Space Research Organisation and currently serves as Director ISRO Satellite Centre(ISAC).
- He was the project director of the Chandrayaan-1 project, which first sent to India for the moon.
- Annadurai was listed among 100 Global thinkers of 2014 and topped the innovators list.
- Annadurai writes a regular column “Kaiyarugey Sevvai”(Mars is at our Reach) in the Tamil Daily Dina Thanthi.
- Annadurai and his works are mentioned in 10th standard Science Text Book of Tamil Nadu.
- Annadurai has been given five doctoral titles so far.
- He is called young Kalam.
- To guide the current youth he has authored a book entitled “Kaiyarugey Nila” which includes his early days and Chandraayan’s work.
- It is a historic event that has led to nearly 3000 Indian and international scientists.
- ‘Growing Science’ is an honorary teacher of science magazine in Tamil.
- He is the Director of the Satellite Space Center of the Indian Space Research Organization.
Mayilasamy Annadurai has received more than fifty prizes.
- Padma Shri, 2016, one of the highest civilian awards in India
- The government of Karnataka awarded him the Rajyotsava Prashasti for Science-2008.
- Sir C.V Raman Award-2010 from Periyar University, Salem
- Annadurai is the recipient of the Hariom Ashram pretit Vikram Sarabhai Research Award for his outstanding Contributions to Systems analysis and Space systems management-2004.
- He is also the recipient of a citation from ISRO for his contribution to the INSAT systems Mission management 2003.
- Team Excellence award for his contribution to Indian Space Program-2007.
- ISRO Merit Award 2009
- Team Excellence Award 2010 as team leader of Chandrayaan-1 team
- ISRO Outstanding Achievement award -2014.
- Laurels for Team Achievement Chandrayaan-1, International Academy of Astronautics,2013, Beijing China
- Certificate of Appreciation from Boeing Asian – American professional Association, Houston, USA
- Space Systems award, 2009 from American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics, US.
- National Aeronautical Award-2008 from Aeronautical Society of India in recognition of his contributions in the field of Satellites/Spacecrafts.
- Kongu Achiever Award 2009 From NIA Trust, Pollachi.
- 1698 – Thomas Savery patents the first steam engine.
- 1853 – The Russian Army crossed the Pruth river into the Danubian Principalities Moldavia and Wallachia—providing the spark that set off the Crimean War.
- 1966 – The French military explodes a nuclear test bomb code-named Aldébaran in Moruroa their first nuclear test in the Pacific.
- 2004 – Pakistan joined the ASEAN organization.
- 1578 – Martin Propscher found Canada’s Puffin Island.
- 1862 – William Henry Bragg, English physicist, chemist, and mathematician, Nobel Prize laureate
- 1877 – Hermann Hesse-German born Swiss poet, novelist, and painter, Nobel Prize laureate
- 1925 – Patrice Lumumba, Congolese politician and 1st Prime Minister of the Democratic Republic of the Congo
- 1946 – Richard Axel -American neuroscientist and biologist, Nobel Prize laureate
- 1961 – Ernest Hemingway, American novelist, short story writer, and journalist, Nobel Prize laureate
- 2013 – Douglas Engelbart, American computer scientist, invented the computer mouse
- 1757 – Chiraj Ud Tawla is the last Nawab of Bengal