Birth Anniversary Of Swami Vivekananda
- Swami Vivekananda was born on January 12, 1863.
- He was the chief disciple of Sri Ramakrishna Paramahansa.
- At birth, he was called Narendranath Datta.
- He was the founder of Ramakrishna Mission.
- He introduced Hindu philosophies of Vedanta and Yoga in Europe and America.
- He brought Hinduism to the status of a major world religion during the end of the 19th century.
- Vivekananda is considered to be a major force in the revival of Hinduism in modern India.
- He is perhaps best known for his inspiring speech beginning with “Sisters and Brothers of America”.
- Through this he introduced Hinduism at the Parliament of the World’s Religions at Chicago in 1893.
- He died on 4 July 1902.
National Youth Day
- National Youth Day is celebrated in India on 12 January on the birthday of Swami Vivekananda.
- In 1984 the Government of India declared the day as the National Youth Day and since 1985 the event is celebrated in India every year.
- As the Government of India had quoted and realized that ‘ the philosophy of Swamiji and the ideals for which he lived and worked could be a great source of inspiration for the Indian Youth.’
The theme of 2018 ‘Sankalp Se Siddhi.’
Birth Anniversary Of Bhagwan Das
- Bhagwan Das was born on 12 January 1869.
- He was an Freedom fighter, Indian Theosophist and public figure.
- For a time he served in the Central Legislative Assembly of British India.
- He became allied with the Hindustani Culture Society and was active in opposing rioting as a form of protest.
- As an advocate for national freedom from the British rule, he was often in danger of reprisals from the Colonial government.
- He was awarded Bharat Ratna in 1955.
- He died on 18 September 1958.
For WhatsAPP Group – Click Here
Telegram Channel Click Here