Important Events Of April-23
World Book and Copyright Day
- World Book Day[or World Book and Copyright Day (also known as International Day of the Book or World Book Days) is a yearly event on April 23rd, organized by the United Educational Nations, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), to promote reading, publishing and copyright.
- The resolution was passed on April 23, World Book Day, at the 28th Congress of UNESCO from August 25 to November 16, 1995 in Paris.
- It was first celebrated in 1995.
- The World Book Day is celebrated on the first Thursday of March every year in the United Kingdom.
- The book is a great tool for spreading knowledge, obtaining awareness about the various cultures around the world, and improving the discipline of men through understanding and tolerance.
William Shakespeare Memorial Day
- He was born on 26-04-1564.
- He is an English poet and Drama playwright.
- He is known as the National poet of England
- A monument was raised on the northern wall in the memory of his predecessor, in 1623.
- His half was like writing on the figure. The plate inscribed on it is compared to Nestor, Socrates, and Virgil.
- Shakespeare’s Sonnets.
- Venus and Adonis.
- The Rape of Lucreis.
- The Passionate Pilgrim.
- The Phoenix and the Turtle.
- A Lover’s Complete.
- He Died on 23 April 1616.
S. Janaki Birthday
- She was born on April 23, 1938.
- India’s famous movie singer. He has sung more than ten thousand songs in various Indian languages including Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Malayalam and Hindi.
- He wrote and composed many songs.
- Four times national award winner.
- In over 25 years he performed thousands of songs in the languages of Konkani, Tulu, Saurashtra, Hindi, Bengali, Sanskrit, Sinhala and English not only in South Indian languages.
- He was awarded the title Gnanasaraswathi during his visit to Sri Lanka in 1992.
- Tamilnadu Government Awarded Kalaimamani Award in 1986.
- 2002-Kerala State Special Award.
- Four time his get National Award for Best singer.
- In 1980, a National Award was given for Malayalam films and 1984 in Telugu.
- Fourteen times the Kerala State Government’s Best Singer Award.
- Seven Times Tamilnadu Government Award for Best Singer.
- Ten times the award for the best singer of Andhra Pradesh.
Padmapushan award disclaimer:
- S.Janaki refused to accept the Padma Bhushan award in 2013. This has been delayed for a 55-year-long experience.
Indian National Awards:
- In 1976, she was get awarded for senthurapuvey song of pathinaaru vayathiniley movie in tamil film.
- In 1984, she won the award for the song Vennello Kothari of Sitara Movie in Telugu.
- In 1980,She won the award for the song Eddu Manuram of Ooppol movie in Malayalam.
- In 1992 She won the award for injji idupalaga of devar magan movie in Tamil.
|For Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|