Important Events of April – 1
Reserve Bank of India Starting Day
- The Reserve Bank of India was founded on 1 April 1935 to respond to economic troubles after the First World War
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) is India’s central banking institution, which controls the monetary policy of the Indian rupee.
- It commenced its operations on 1 April 1935 in accordance with the Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934.
- The RBI plays an important part in the Development Strategy of the Government of India
- It is a member bank of the Asian Clearing Union.
- Financial Supervision.
- Regulator and supervisor of the financial system.
- Managing foreign exchange.
Birth Anniversary of Mohammad Hamid Ansari
- Ansari was born on 1 April 1937 at Calcutta,to Mohammad Abdul Aziz Ansari and Aasiya Begum
Mohammad Hamid Ansari– He is an Indian Politician who served as Vice president of India from 2007 to 2017. He has also served as an Indian ambassador and is ex-chairman of Rajya Sabha.
- Ansari worked as an ambassador and served as the Vice-Chancellor of the Aligarh Muslim University from 2000 to 2002.
- He was Chairman of the National Commission for Minorities from 2006 to 2007.
- He was reelected on 7 August 2012 and was sworn-in by Pranab Mukherjee, the President of India.