Important Current Affairs September 21 – One liner
- September 21 – International Day of Peace
- The Kerala Veterinary and Animal Sciences University (KVASU) has set up a flightless bird research centre in Wayanad.
- Mumbai Corporation to kickstart leprosy detection drive
- Gujarat government has declared the entire Kutch district as scarcity affected area.
- The Gujarat government has doubled the monetary assistance to farmers under the state-run Farmers’ Accident Insurance Scheme.
- The cyclonic storm “DAYE” over south Odisha and its neighbourhood has moved west-northwestwards.
- World Bank Board has endorsed an ambitious five-year Country Partnership Framework (CPF) for India, which aligns with New Delhi’s objectives of high, sustainable and inclusive growth.
- The first General Assembly of the International Solar Alliance, ISA, will be inaugurated on the 2nd of October in Delhi.
- Shri A. Gitesh Sarma – Secretary (West) Ministry of External Affairs
- Vijay Amritraj – Tamil Nadu Tennis Association (TNTA) president
- Tamil Nadu government has announced a novel scheme for the protection of the exotic Neela kurinji (Strobilanthus kunthianus) plants that flower only once in 12 years.
- India contributes 1 million to UN’s ambitious solar project
- The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) and ISRO signed a MoU for setting up of an state-of-the-art Integrated Control Room for Emergency Response (ICR-ER) in Ministry of Home Affairs.
- DRDO successfully flight tested the indigenously developed surface-to-surface tactical missile ‘Prahar’.
- Zoological Society of London honour – Biospeleologist Shabuddin Shaik
Union Home Minister launches two portals to strengthen Women Safety
- Cyber Crime Prevention against Women and Children (CCPWC) portal – to check objectionable online content
- National Database on Sexual Offenders (NDSO) – to aid in monitoring & investigation of sexual crimes
- The World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) lifted a ban on Russia’s anti-doping agency, RUSADA.