Important Current Affairs September 18 – One liner
- The first Ability Cafe in the Kerala, aimed at providing vocational rehabilitation to the mentally challenged, opened in Kozhikode.
- The International Telecommunication Union (ITU) South Asia Area Office and Technology Innovation Centre will be established in New Delhi.
- The Maharashtra Government to set up a Cyber University to mitigate cyber threats.
- The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) launched a space technology incubation centre in Tripura capital Agartala.
- Bangladesh approved a draft agreement with India to use the Chittagong and Mongla ports for the movement of goods to and from northeast India.
- A startup incubated at Indian Institute of Technology-Hyderabad (IIT-H) has developed lithium batteries.
- The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has approved new KYC norms for foreign portfolio investors.
- Housing and Urban Affairs Minister Hardeep Singh Puri inaugurated a two-day National Convention of National Association of Street Vendors of India, NASVI, in New Delhi.
- Sanjay Agarwal – New Secretary, Agriculture
- Pritam Singh – Secretary, National Commission for Scheduled Castes (NCSC)
- India and Bangladesh had entered into an agreement for the pipeline construction 130-kilometre pipeline [Siliguri in West Bengal, India – Parbatipur in Dinajpur, Bangladesh].
- Defence Acquisition Council (DAC) approves Procurement of Equipment Worth Rs 9,100 Crores
- A Loan Agreement of US$74 million equivalent for the Uttrakhand Workforce Development Project (UKWDP) was signed with the World Bank.
- Russia’s military aircraft Il-20 with 14 people on board has disappeared over Syria.
- Japan carried out its first submarine drill in the disputed South China Sea.
- Indian Navy Staff visiting Rhode Island, USA for attending the 23rd edition of the International Seapower Symposium (ISS) organised by the US Navy.
- Dalai Lama – Gandhi Global Foundation’s Gandhidarsan International Award [Kerala]
- Arun Jaitley – Gandhidarsan National Award
- Pinarayi Vijayan – Best Chief Minister Award
- A. Yusuf Ali, B.R. Shetty, and B. Govindan – Business awards
- Joseph Pulikunnel – Award for philanthropy to be given posthumously
- The Union Minister for Human Resource Development, Shri Prakash Javadekar conferred the Swachh Vidyalaya Puraskar 2017–18 in New Delhi.
- E-governance award by the Karnataka government for e-auction of cocoons in Karnataka.
- The Union Home Secretary Shri Rajiv Gauba launched an online ‘e-Sahaj’ portal for grant of Security Clearance.
- President Ram Nath Kovind launched the logo and the web portal for the commemoration of 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
- Shri S.S. Ahluwalia, Hon’ble Minister of State for Electronics and IT launches C-DAC Information Media Server (CIMS) for enhancing Good Governance.
To Know 2018 Pocket Current Affairs
To Download Detailed Current Affairs
To Download 2018 August Month Current Affairs Quiz PDF
For WhatsAPP Group – Click Here