Important Current Affairs September 15,16 – One liner
September 15 – International Day of Democracy
2018 Theme: Democracy under Strain: Solutions for a Changing World
September 16 – International Day for the Preservation of the Ozone Layer
- Telangana celebrating 70th anniversary of Hyderabad State merger with the Indian Union on September 16th in 1948.
- Jammu and Kashmir Governor Satya Pal Malik has declared the state open defecation free (ODF) state.
- ‘Swachhta Hi Seva’ campaign launched in New Delhi.
- The 15th Prawasi Bhartiya Diwas -2019 will be held at Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh in January next year.
- UN agrees global plan to step up fight against TB
- Jaipur Literature Festival began in Houston at the Asia Society of Texas.
- Archaeologists discover ancient sphinx in Egypt
- PSLV-C42 of ISRO launches 2 UK satellites NovaSAR and S1-4
- Scientists have now developed a novel autonomous flying robot named DelFly Nimble that mimics the rapid flight of insects.
- NASA’s most advanced space laser satellite ICESat-2 launched to track ice loss around the world (Greenland and Antarctic sheets).
- Moutaz Mousa Abdallah – Sudan’s New Prime Minister
- Government to convert 1.5 lakh Primary Health Centers into Wellness Centers by 2022
- Indigenously developed weapon system Man Portable Anti-Tank Guided Missile (MPATGM), was successfully flight tested for the 2nd time successfully.
- Mountaineers Satyarup Siddhanta and Mousumi Khatua created history by climbing Asia’s highest volcanic peak Mount Damavand in Iran.
- The Annual Day of Air Force Association celebrated at Amar Jawan Jyoti at India Gate, New Delhi.
- The ‘Paryatan Parv’ by the Ministry of Tourism was inaugurated by Shri Rajnath Singh.
- Indian boxers Simranjit Kaur, Monika and Bhagyabati Kachari won gold medals at Ahmet Comert Tournament in Istanbul, Turkey.
- M C Mary Kom clinched her third gold medal of the year in 48 kg category, while Jyoti Gulia won gold in 51 kg of the youth category of the Silesian Open boxing Tournament for women in Gliwice, Poland.
- Kenyan Eliud Kipchoge set a new marathon world record in Berlin, smashing the previous best as he clocked 2 hour 1 minute 39 second.
- Maldives lift South Asian Football Federation Cup, defeat India 2-1 in Dhaka.
- The Tata Mumbai Marathon, to be held on January 20, 2019, has been accorded the gold label by the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF).