Important Current Affairs Oneliner – May 29, 2019
- May 29 – International Day of UN Peacekeepers (2019 Theme: “Protecting Civilians, Protecting Peace”)
- May 29 – World Digestive Health Day (Theme 2019: “Early Diagnosis & Treatment of GI Cancer”).
- John Bailey, President of Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences, e-launched the Hindi translation of an Academy Publication, “Digital Dilemma”, in Delhi.
- In Uttar Pradesh, the government is now planning to provide 24-hour power supply to the rural areas of the state for agricultural work.
- On May 21, a 34-member panel of the Anthropocene Working Group (AWG) voted 29-4 in favour of designating a new geological epoch — the Anthropocene.
- Biju Janata Dal (BJD) president Naveen Patnaik was sworn-in as Chief Minister of Odisha for the fifth consecutive term in Bhubaneswar.
- Scott Morrison was sworn in as Australia’s Prime Minister after retaining the position in the country’s general election.
- Justice Ajay Kumar Mittal has been sworn in as the Chief Justice of Meghalaya High Court.
- The NSIC signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) for the year 2019-20.
- Sri Lanka, Japan and India signed an agreement to jointly develop the East Container Terminal at the Colombo Port.
- Asian youth champion Dr. Rohini Rau to lead all women Indian team for the J80 World Championship to be staged in Bilbao, Spain, from July 13 to 20.
Current Affairs WhatsAPP Group – Click Here
Telegram Channel Click Here