Important Current Affairs Oneliner – June 18, 2019
- June 18 – Sustainable Gastronomy Day
- In Mizoram, voluntary blood donation has become a social movement.
- A total of 218 more stations in Southern Railway will offer free Wi-Fi connectivity to passengers by the first week of September.
- Women’s employment rate higher than national average in kerala
- The Pacific nation of Palau has amended plans to create a huge marine reserve so Japanese fishing boats still have partial access to its waters.
- 23 new species of group of plants commonly known as Balsams or jewel-weeds discovered from the eastern Himalayas.
- The use of Bitcoin, a popular virtual currency emits over 22 megatonnes of carbon dioxide annually, a study has found.
- Facebook is setting up a consortium called Libra, which has been joined by more than a dozen companies including Visa, Mastercard, PayPal and Uber.
- E-com player Amazon India has been rated as the country’s most ‘attractive employer brand,’ as per a Randstad Employer Brand Research.
- Food Processing Industries Minister Harsimrat Kaur Badal World Food India will be held in New Delhi.
- Japan’s Naomi Osaka and Novak Djokovic of Serbia continue as World Number ones in the latest WTA and ATP rankings.
Current Affairs WhatsAPP Group – Click Here