Important Current Affairs Oneliner – June 16 & 17, 2019
- June 16 – World Sea Turtle Day
- June 16 – The International Day of Family Remittances (IDFR)
- June 17 -World Day to Combat Desertification and Drought (2019 Theme “Let’s Grow the Future Together”)
- Assam government will set up a Skill University at the cost of 850 crore rupees at Darrang district.
- J&K approves 2nd phase of comprehensive plan for flood management work on Jhelum
- The largest Picasso exhibition ever held in China opens, featuring more than 100 works,many of them from the artist’s early years.
- The city-based NCRA in pune is all set to host the five-day annual International Pulsar Timing Array (IPTA) meet from June 17 to 21.
- G20 Ministerial Meeting on Energy Transitions and Global Environment for Sustainable Growth being held in Karuizawa, Nagano Prefecture, Japan.
- Punjab Minister Sukhbinder Singh Sarkaria met a team of experts from Israel in Chandigarh to prepare a comprehensive water management master plan for the state.
- Lieutenant General Faiz Hameed is new chief of the powerful Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI).
- In Slovakia, anti-corruption campaigner Zuzana Caputova was sworn in as country’s first female president.
- The armies of India and Myanmar carried out a three-week-long coordinated operation from May 16 in their respective border areas
- United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)’s recognition for a Garden Valley EM Higher Secondary School in Kerala.
- Assam Transport Minister Chandra Mohan Patowary launched the State Transport Corporation’s Chalo app for Guwahati.
- The Indian men’s recurve team bagged a silver medal in the Archery World Championships at Den Bosch in The Netherlands.
Current Affairs WhatsAPP Group – Click Here