Important Current Affairs One liner – July 12, 2019
- To curb the menace of unauthorized PDW (PACKAGED DRINKING WATER) in Railway premises, an all India drive named “Operation Thirst” was launched on 08th & 09th July 2019.
- Under the centrally sponsored scheme of Prime Minister’s Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY) 3502 projects with a total length of 19700 Kms has been sanctioned under PMGSY-Phases I to XII in Jammu and Kashmir State.
- A Gaganyaan National Advisory Council has been created with members from different institutions and industries
- The Government of India has approved a project to build the India-based Neutrino Observatory (INO) at Pottipuram in the Theni District of Tamil Nadu.
- US India Strategic and Partnership Forum has said, the bilateral trade between the two countries could reach 238 billion Dollars by 2025.
- India and US will hold trade talks in New Delhi to discuss bilateral and economic issues.
- The 5th India-EU High-Level Dialogue on Migration and Mobility was held in New Delhi.
- Prasar Bharati and Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur signed a Memorandum of Understanding for research collaboration in newly emerging technologies and broadcasting-related areas in New Delhi.
- Under the Central Sector Scheme Government of India implementing “Silk Samagra”through Central Silk Board with a total outlay of Rs. 2161.68 crore for three years (2017-2020) for development of sericulture in the country.
- The 2019 global Multidimensional Poverty Index (MPI) from the UN Development Programme (UNDP), the Oxford Poverty and Human Development Initiative (OPHI) was released.
- In a remarkable performance, the 16-year-old Jeremy, competing in the 67 kg category won the gold medal. National champion Achinta Sheuli lifted a total of 305kg to win the men’s 73kg crown in the Commonwealth weightlifting championships.
To Follow Channel – Click Here
For WhatsAPP Group – Click Here