Important Current Affairs Oneliner – April 14 &15, 2019
- Indian Society of Hip and Knee Surgeons launched the Indian Joint Registry (IJR) in Bengaluru.
- Somanath, director, Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre (VSSC), inaugurated the ISRO pavilion
- Researchers from Massachusetts Institute of Technology, U.S., have developed a coil made of a nickel-titanium alloy (nitinol) loaded with antibiotics for better TB Treatment.
- ICGEB’s has isolated novel yeast strain increases ethanol production
- Scientists have discovered a unique oil eating bacteria in the Mariana Trench, the deepest part of the earth’s oceans
- Yeonjigonji, Seoul, South Korea based company, has developed the world’s first drinking straws made from rice
- The world’s largest aircraft took off over the Mojave Desert in California, the first flight for the carbon-composite plane built by Stratolaunch Systems Corp.
- India will plan and roll out a coffee consumption campaign on behalf of global coffee growers who suffered huge financial losses on account of falling coffee prices and soaring labour cost.
- A Half Marathon was conducted in Delhi on 14 Apr 19 to mark the 100th birth centenary of the legendary Marshal of the Indian Air Force (MIAF) Arjan Singh.
- MoU between India and Bolivia on Cooperation in the field of Geology and Mineral Resources and Traditional Systems of Medicine and Homoeopathy was signed in Bolivia.
- MoU between India and Cambodia on Cooperation in the field of Communications
- Cooperation Agreement between India and Denmark in the field of Renewable Energy
- MoU between India and Republic of Korea in issuing jointly Postage Stamp
- MoU between India and Brazilin the area of Biotechnology
- Cabinet approves creation of one post of Deputy Comptroller and Auditor General in Pay Level-17 (by abolishing one STS level post) in the Office of the Comptroller & Auditor General of India.
- The Union Cabinet has approved ongoing Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle continuation programme Phase-4 consisting of five GSLV flights during the period 2021-2024.
- CCEA approves extension of duration of New Urea Policy-2015
- Tiger Woods, is an American golfer win the Masters for the fifth time.
- Lewis Hamilton won the Chinese Grand Prix to seize the overall lead from his Mercedes team mate Valtteri Bottas in Formula One’s 1,000th world championship race.
- FC Goa beat Chennaiyin FC by the odd goal in three (2-1) in the final of the Hero Super Cup
- Japan’s Kento Momota withstood a barrage of smashes from Indonesia’s Anthony Sinisuka Ginting to rally for victory in the Singapore Open final.
- In the women’s final, Tai Tzu-ying claimed her second Singapore Open title victory over Japan’s Nozomi Okuhara.
Current Affairs WhatsAPP Group – Click Here
Telegram Channel Click Here