Important Current Affairs October 10 – One liner
October 10 – World Mental Health Day
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi to unveil a statue of Deenbandhu Sir Chhotu Ram at Sampla in Rohtak.
- Harsha Bharathkoti has become the second Grandmaster from Telangana
- Uttarakhand CM flags off test run of state’s first electric bus
- Bill to set up the Office for Reparations in Sri Lanka
- In Sri Lanka, the Rabindranath Tagore Memorial Auditorium built with Indian grant assistance was dedicated to the people.
- The cyclonic storm ‘Titli’ over west central Bay of Bengal intensified into a severe cyclonic storm.
- SBI to triple asset purchase from NBFCs
- WhatsApp sets up system to store payments-related data
- Union Textiles Minister Smriti Irani inaugurated a three-day Silk Expo and Workshop on Silk Samagra in Imphal.
- External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj will be participating in the 17th Council of Heads of Government, CHG, meeting of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization to be held in Dushanbe, Tajikistan.
- Tushar Mehta – Solicitor General of India
- Sunil Bhaskaran – New Air Asia India boss
- Pradhan Mantri Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojana -“Saubhagya” scheme has brought a monumental change in the lives of the poor people in Odisha.
- Election Commission to set up all women-managed polling stations
- Cabinet approved to give bonus for non-gazetted railway employees
- Cabinet decides to set up National Council for Vocational Education and training [NCVET]
- 550th birth anniversary of Guru Nanak Dev next year with events across the globe
- China to sell high-end military drones to Pakistan
- Indian men’s junior team has qualified for the final of the Sultan of Johor Cup hockey tournament in Malaysia.
- Harvinder Singh won gold in the men’s individual recurve [Archery]. Monu Ghangas won the silver in the men’s discus throw F11 category, while Mohammed Yasser won bronze in the men’s shot put F46 category.
- Narayan Thakur won gold in men’s 100 meters dash, para-shooter Manish Narwal won gold in the men’s 10 meter air pistol event.
- Surender Aneesh Kumar in men’s discus, Ram Pal in men’s high jump and Virender in men’s shot put won silver medal.