Important Current Affairs November 6,7 One liner
- The nation’s largest container port JNPT in Navi Mumbai is planning to host an edible oil refinery to maximise revenue and ensure captive cargo.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi celebrated Diwali with jawans of the Indian Army and ITBP, at Harsil, one of the remotest border posts in Uttarakhand.
- Grand Diwali celebrations at Ayodhya set a world record by lighting over 3 lakh earthen lamps or diyas on the banks of holy river Sarayu in Uttar Pradesh.
- The historic city of Faizabad will now be known as Ayodhya.
- Nagaland Chief Minister Neiphiu Rio has launched GPS Mapping of Government Schools and Personnel Location System.
- China has unveiled a replica of its first permanently crewed space station.
- The United States exempted eight countries, including India from the US sanctions for buying Iranian oil.
- A United Nations, UN report has said Earth’s protective ozone layer is finally healing from damage caused by aerosol sprays and coolants.
- India has sought greater market access for areas like agriculture products, pharmaceuticals, IT services and tourism in China.
- The Centre has released over 113 crore rupees to six border states [Assam, Nagaland, Sikkim, Gujarat, Rajasthan and Uttarakhand] as part of Border Area Development Programme.
- Raja Ram Mohan Roy Award – Ram [by the Press Council of India PCI]
- India beat West Indies by 71 runs in 2nd T20 and take a 2-0 lead in the three-match series.
- Rohit Sharma surpassed Virat Kohli to become India’s highest run-scorer in T20 Internationals and also hit most number of centuries – 4 – in the shortest format.
- The China Open Masters Badminton tournament started in Fuzhou, China.
- In the 8th Asian Shotgun Championship in Kuwait, Angad Vir Singh Bajwa has won a gold with a world record score in the men’s skeet final.
- He became the first Indian skeet shooter to win a continental or world level event.
To Know 2018 Pocket Current Affairs
To Download Detailed Current Affairs
To Download 2018 Current Affairs Quiz
For WhatsAPP Group – Click Here