Important Current Affairs November 16, One liner
November 16 – International Day for Tolerance
November 16 – National Press Day
- Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani will hold a roadshow in Delhi in run-up to the Vibrant Gujarat 2019– biennial flagship event to be held early next year.
- The 15-day Aadi Mahotsav festival is beginning in the national capital Delhi.
- Theme – ‘celebration of the spirit of tribal culture, craft, cuisine and commerce’.
- European Union leaders have dismissed talk of renegotiating the draft Brexit deal and warned the UK’s political situation could make a no-deal more likely.
- UNSC condemns killing of UN peacekeepers & national soldiers in Democratic Republic of the Congo [DRC].
- UNSC unanimously agrees to lift sanctions against Eritrea after nine years.
- The cyclonic storm ‘Gaja’ over interior Tamilnadu moved nearly westwards, weakened into a deep depression.
- World Tolerance Summit inaugurated in Dubai. Held for the first time in UAE.
- Theme – ‘Prospering from Pluralism: Embracing Diversity through Innovation and Collaboration’.
- Indian Ambassador to Nepal Manjeev Singh Puri inaugurated India Pavilion at 16th Handicraft Trade Fair in Kathmandu.
- The 9th Session of the India-Kyrgyz Inter-Governmental Commission on Trade, Economic, Scientific and Technological Cooperation (IK-IGC) held in New Delhi and concluded with signing of Protocol.
- The Directorate General of Shipping has proposed the establishment of a Traffic Separation Scheme (TSS) off the south-west coast of India.
- Asian Development Bank (ADB) and the Government of India signed a $169 million loan to develop climate-resilient water supply, sewerage, and drainage infrastructure in Tamil Nadu.
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) and the Government of India signed in the national capital a $300 million Loan Agreement to support lending by India Infrastructure Finance Company Limited (IIFCL).
- Pankaj Advani won his third straight IBSF billiards crown in the 150-up format, taking his overall tally of world titles to 20.
- India beat Ireland by 52 runs to enter the semi-finals of the ICC Women’s World T20.
- Mary Kom is currently tied with Katie Taylor on five gold medals and one more will make her the most successful woman boxer in history.