Important Current Affairs November 14, One liner
- November 14 – World Diabetes Day. The Theme for World Diabetes Day 2018-19 is Family and Diabetes.
- November 14 – Children’s Day. In India, Children’s Day is celebrated on 14 November, on the birthday of the first Prime Minister of independent India Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru.
- The third edition of the India International Cherry Blossom Festival 2018 got underway at Polo 5th Ground, Shillong.
- Culture Minister Dr Mahesh Sharma inaugurated the 38th India International Trade Fair (IITF) at Pragati Maidan in New Delhi.
- The government decided to release a Rs 75 commemorative coin on the occasion of 75th anniversary of the hoisting of Tricolour for the first time by Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose at Port Blair.
- India has voted against a United Nations General Assembly draft resolution on the use of death penalty.
- The US State Department has declared Jawad Nasrallah, the son of Hezbollah leader Hassan Nasrallah, as a global terrorist as it steps up pressure on the Lebanese militia group.
- UAE will participate in the ‘Vibrant Gujarat Global Summit’, as a partner country for the second consecutive year.
- ISRO’s heavy-lift rocket GSLV-MkIII-D2 blasted off from Sriharikota on November 14 carrying India’s latest communication satellite GSAT-29 on board.
- A four-day regional meeting of the World Customs Organisation began in jaipur with representatives of 33 member countries of Asia attending
- Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation is organizing 26th Conference of Central and State Organizations (COCSSO) on 15-16th November, 2018 at hotel D’Polo Dharamshala, Himachal Pradesh. The theme of this year’s Conference is “Quality Assurance in Official Statistics”.
- The Vibrant Gujarat Global Summit is scheduled from 18th to 20th January, 2019.
- The National Cooperative Development Corporation (NCDC) has come up with a youth-friendly scheme ‘Yuva Sahakar-Cooperative Enterprise Support and Innovation Scheme” for attracting Youths to cooperative business ventures.
- The Indian Army and Japanese Army completed their joint military exercise, ‘DHARMA GUARDIAN’ – 2018 at Counter Insurgency and Jungle Warfare School, Vairengte, Mizoram, India.
- Science and Technology Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan today announced the launch of the Global Cooling Prize.
- Bhoomi Rashi Portal allows for totally digital and paper-less processing of land acquisition cases, and has resulted in transparent, quick, corruption-free and error-free handling of land acquisition cases.
- Minister for Petroleum & Natural Gas Dharmendra Pradhan said National Data Repository is a database of all the geo-scientific data of hydrocarbon resources in the country.
- The World Women’s Boxing Championships will be held in the national capital Delhi.
To Know 2018 Pocket Current Affairs
To Download Detailed Current Affairs
To Download 2018 Current Affairs Quiz
For WhatsAPP Group – Click Here