MAY 09 CURRENT AFFAIRS
- The National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) has decided to develop 1,200 dairy units in Srikakulam district (Andhra Pradesh), enabling farmers to generate assured income.
- International scientists meet begins in Tirupati
- Theme – ‘Integrating traditional knowledge and advanced research for sustainable future’.
- The President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind, will visit (2nd to visit after APJ Abdul Kalam) Siachen Base Camp on May 10, 2018 and interact with soldiers posted there.
- Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) the National Standards body of India organized a CxO Forum on “Standardizing the Digital Space” on 8 May, 2018 in New Delhi.
- Indian Railways has introduced a new Humsafar train 22437/22438 Allahabad-AnandVihar (T) Humsafar Express (Tri-weekly).
- Atal Tinkering Marathon – to identify India’s best student innovators.
- Indian Pharmacopoeia Commission has approved modern, animal-free tests for drug manufacturers.
- Modi ranks 9th on the Forbes 2018 list of 75 of ‘The World’s Most Powerful People’ topped by Chinese President Xi Jinping.
- The United States has pulled out of the Iran nuclear deal, President Donald Trump announced
- To promote electric vehicles in India, the government has approved green licence plates.
- Scientists have developed a glove-shaped magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) detector that can capture high-quality images of moving joints.
- A team led by Indian-origin surgeon Neil Malhotra, an assistant professor decided to remove the tumour by using a trans-oral robotic (TORS)
- The Indian Wheelchair Cricket team beat Bangladesh in three-matches Wheelchair Cricket Series 2018 by 2-0 held at University of Dhaka stadium, Dhaka, Bangladesh.