MAY 8 CURRENT AFFAIRS
May 8 – World Red Cross Day
Theme :- “Memorable smiles from around the world”.
May 8 – World Thalassemia Day
- To implement effective governance in the state, Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu launched the official ‘NCBN’ (Nara Chandrababu Naidu) App.
- Odisha Liveable Habitat Mission distribution of pattas (land ownership certificates) to urban slum dwellers at a function in Ganjam district.
- Rythu Bandhu scheme launch in Warangal – The launching envisages distribution of new passbooks and issuance of cheques (Rs. 4,000 per acre) towards input assistance to all the farmers.
- Exhibition to commemorate the birth anniversary of Rabindranath Tagore, inaugurated at The National Gallery of Modern Art (NGMA), New Delhi.
- 15th Asia Media Summit to be hosted by India from May 10-12, 2018 in New Delhi
- Newly elected Prime Minister of Armenia – Nikol Pashinian
- Ahmedabad-based Infibeam said it will acquire Snapdeal’s subsidiary Unicommerce.
- Google said it had appointed Nitin Bawankule as the country head for its cloud business in India.
- Scientists at the Central Sheep and Wool Research Institute (CSWRI), Avikanagar,Rajasthan have come up with a new laparoscope-assisted insemination technique for sheep.
- Mark Williams of Wales beat Scotland’s John Higgins to win his third World snooker title.