MAY 29 CURRENT AFFAIRS
May 29 – International Day of United Nations Peacekeepers
Theme 2018- “70 Years of Service and Sacrifice.”
- Cochin International Airport in Kerala is the first ever fully solar powered airport.
- “Brahmaputra Study Centre” being set up within the Gauhati University, fund of about Rs. 28 crore will be provided by the Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER).
- An Agreement for IBRD Credit of USD 21.7 Million from World Bank for the Strengthening of Public Financial Management in Rajasthan Project was signed in New Delhi.
- Noise Vibration & Harshness (NVH) Lab) at the National Automotive Testing and R&D Infrastructure Project (NATRIP) at the International Centre for Automotive Technology (ICAT) at Manesar in Haryana.
- Union Tribal Affairs Minister Shri Jual Oram launches exhibition cum sale event ‘the Pankha’ (Hand-Fans) through TRIFED and TRIBES India.
- Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani released the ‘Reuse of Treated Waste Water Policy’ to create water-grid, on the lines of power-grid, for reuse of the treated waste water from urban areas.
- Bihar Cabinet gave its nod to set up a Fisheries College at Kishanganj.
- Azerbaijan inaugurated a pipeline that will be the first direct route to transport gas from one of the world’s largest fields to Europe bypassing Russia.
- The tiny chemistry lab called the Mars Organic Molecule Analyser (MOMA) is a key instrument on the ExoMars Rover, a joint mission between the European Space Agency and the Russian space agency Roscosmos to look for signs of past or present life..
- Patanjali ties up with Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) to launch ‘Swadeshi Samriddhi’ SIM cards.
- The Ministry of Women and Child and Development signed a MoU with Department of Women and Child Development, Government of Uttar Pradesh, in New Delhi for management of Home of Widows at Sunrakh Bangar,
- The first edition of the Global Wind Summit will be held in Hamburg, Germany from September 25-28, 2018.
- Indian botanist Kamaljit S. Bawa – Linnean Medal in Botany
- Bawa is the first Indian to win the award.
Indian Journalists Union (IJU)
- Amar Devulapalli – President
- Sabina Inderjit – Secretary general
National Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission (NCDRC)
- Justice R K Agrawal – President
Kummanam Rajasekharan – 18th Governor of Mizoram
Sanjay Mitra – Chief of the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO)
- PRAAPTI (Payment Ratification And Analysis in Power procurement for bringing Transparency in Invoicing of generators) App and web portal to bring transparency in power purchase transactions between Generators and Discoms.