Important Current Affairs March 24, 2018 – One Liner
- India’s second Lunar mission “Chandrayaan – 2” which was to be launched April 2018 has postponed to October 2018.
- Chandigarh has become North India’s first city to install digital automatic speed gun cameras.
- Three Minesweeper ships of Indian navy INS Konkan, INS Cannanore and INS Cuddalore were decommissioned at naval dockyard, Visakhapatnam.
- Indian Air force plant to set up a forward fighter base close to Deesa in Gujarat, Banaskantha district.
- As per data institute criminal policy research India has topped the least criminal countries followed by Japan and Germany.
- India is among 20 nations that have pledged additional contribution to the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East (UNRWA).
- Venezuelan president Nicolar Maduro decided to remove three zeros of the Venezulean currency Bolivar Fuerte with effect from June 4, 2018.
- Martin Viscarra sworn in as president of Peru.
- K Reddy memorial National award for 2017 presented to journalist Karan Thapar.
- Bengaluru Kemegowda airport wins best award in regional category at world airport awards in Sweden.
- National boxing Academy in Rohtak, Haryana is to host the world series of Boxing clash between India and Kazakhstan.
- Punjab government observes Martyrdom day of Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru as “Youth Empowerment Day” on 23rd March, 2018.
- World TB Day – March 24.
Theme: Wanted “Leaders for a TB – Free world”.
- World Metrological day – March 23.
Theme: Weather – Ready, Climate – Start.