Important Current Affairs March 16 One liner
- Systematic Voters’ Education and and Electoral Participation (SVEEP) campaign was conducted to enhance the percentage of polling in the Lok Sabha election in Karnataka.
- ICRISAT, NIN and ICMR, launched a project called ‘Iron for Adolescents’ or ‘FeFA in Telangana to provide nutrition boost for adolescent girls.
- India to continue efforts to get Masood Azhar listed under UN 1267 sanctions
- Door open for India to bring serious trade proposal to table: US
- 2019 Slovakia presidential election on 16th and 30th March 2019. This is the fifth direct election of the President in Slovakia’s history.
- 3 astronauts on Soyuz craft successfully reach ISS
- RBI issues guidelines to prevent market abuse
- State Bank of India launched ‘YONO Cash’ for cardless withdrawal of cash at over 16,500 SBI ATMs across the country.
- The first BRICS Sherpa meeting under the Presidency of Brazil concluded at Curitiba in Brazil.
- Fourth session of United Nations Environment Assembly (UNEA) which was held in Nairobi from 11th to 15th March 2019.
- India-U.S. looking to develop unmanned aerial vehicles
- Navy hires multipurpose vessel for logistics support
- Swati Shingade of Pune, Maharashtra – First prize of DD Mahila Kisan Award for 2018-19.
- India will host the Under-17 Women’s Football World Cup in 2020.
- In the Federation Cup Athletics held at Patiala, Kamalpreet Kaur grabbed the spotlight by winning a gold medal.
- India bagged five medals, including two gold, in the Asian Youth Athletics Championships in Hong Kong.
Current Affairs WhatsAPP Group – Click Here