Current Affairs – June 4, 2018 – One Liner
To Know 2018 Pocket Current Affairs Click Here
- A new Antyodaya train Santragachi – Chennai Central Antyodaya Express (Weekly) flagged off from Kolkata.
- The Haryana government (the first state in India) has announced a 15-day paternity leave to all male government employees.
- Saudi Arabia began issuing its first driving licences to women in decades.
- ‘YInMn Blue’ or ‘Mas blue’, an inorganic blue pigment in 200 years discovered by Professor M A ‘Mas’ Subramanian has become a billion-dollar product.
- Renewable power accounted for 70 per cent of net additions to global power generating capacity in 2017.
- India received its cheapest LNG under a long-term deal from Gazprom Russia.
- Ministry of MSME and Ministry of AYUSH signed an MoU in New Delhi to position India as a world leader in “Holistic Healthcare”.
- The 49th Conference of Governors and Lt. Governors at Rashtrapati Bhavan with the inaugural address of the President Ram Nath Kovind.
- Commerce and Industry Minister, Suresh Prabhu, attended an Informal Gathering of World Trade Organisation (WTO) Ministers in Paris on 31 May 2018.
- The External Affairs Minister will participate in the BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa) Foreign Ministers Meeting on June 4, 2018 and chair the IBSA (India, Brazil, South Africa) Foreign Ministers Meeting.
- 22nd edition of Exercise Malabar, off Guam, USA from 07 to 16 June 2018, will have the participation of navies from India, the US and Japan.
- Krishi Kalyan Abhiyan undertakes various activities to promote best farming practices and enhance Agricultural income.
- Government launches ‘JANAUSHADHI SUVIDHA’ Oxo-biodegradable Sanitary Napkin under the Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Pariyojana (PMBJP).
- Ganga Praharis to Boost Bio-Diversity conservation to educate, motivate and ensure protection of aquatic species of river Ganga.
- SICOM conceived an integrated coastal management scheme named BEAMS (Beach Management Services).
- SICOM under MoEF&CC has embarked upon a programme for Blue flag certification of one Blue Flag beach in each of the 13 coastal States /UTs under the World Bank-assisted Integrated Coastal Zone Management Project (ICZMP).
- Abdel Fattah al-Sisi – President of Egypt
- Akshay Kumar – Brand ambassador for road safety awareness campaign
- India will host the 3rd Asia Cup International Bridge Championship starting from June 4-11 in Goa.
To Download Detailed Current Affairs Click Here