JUNE 22 CURRENT AFFAIRS
To Know 2018 Pocket Current Affairs Click Here
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi, laid the foundation stone for Vanijya Bhawan, a new office complex of the Department of Commerce in New Delhi.
- New six-coach Namma Metro train was flagged off by Chief Minister H.D. Kumaraswamy in Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- The Chennai Corporation is set to develop vertical gardens in congested neighbourhoods, the first vertical garden around piers of the bridge on G.N. Chetty Road in T.Nagar.
- Kerala State’s first citizen information centre has started functioning at Muthukulam, Alappuzha.
- Shri Gadkari was addressing the Indian Community at the inauguration of the Swami Vivekananda Cultural Centre at the Indian Embassy in Dushanbe, Tajikistan.
- China will build a railway connecting the Tibetan city of Xigaze with Nepal’s capital Kathmandu.
- The European Union (EU) slapped revenge tariffs on iconic S. products.
- The S. government is stepping up efforts to protect the planet from incoming asteroids that could wipe out entire regions or even continents.
- India has notified higher tariffs on several items imported from the United States, including agricultural products, Rates to come into effect from August 4.
- Digital lender Capital Float unveiled its app-based consumer finance solution.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the third annual meeting of Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank on June 26 in Mumbai.
- 2018 Theme – ‘Mobilizing Finance for Infrastructure: Innovation and Collaboration’
- Power Minister Shri RK Singh launches campaign to promote energy efficiency in the area of air-conditioning. It will save energy and reduce greenhouse gases.
- A workshop on “End of Pipe Treatment of Waste Water Entering River Yamuna and Ghaggar” was organised by Public Health Engineering Department, Haryana.
- The inaugural U.S.-India 2+2 Dialogue will take place on July 6 will focus on strengthening strategic, security, and defense cooperation as the United States and India jointly confront global challenges.
- The Centre of Excellence in Maritime & Shipbuilding (CEMS), a well-funded start-up in skill development for maritime and shipbuilding sector, has announced setting up of 24 labs -6 in Mumbai and 18 in Vizag campus.
- Kidambi Srikanth – Sportsperson Of The Year award for 2017 by the Sports Illustrated India magazine
- SKOCH Award – Ministry of Women & Child Development receives the ‘Best Performing Social Sector Ministry’
- India beat Pakistan in their opening match of the Kabaddi Masters Dubai.
- Ridhima Dilawari won the Hero Women’s Professional Golf Tour.
To Download Detailed Current Affairs Click Here