Current Affairs – June 2 and 3, 2018 – One Liner
To Know 2018 Pocket Current Affairs Click Here
June 2 – Telangana State Formation Day
June 3 – World Bicycle Day
- Maharashtra, the first State to have a dedicated fintech policy, is also planning to have a dedicated ‘Fintech Officer’ in the Department of Information Technology.
- Maharashtra Government has announced the opening up of a ‘sandbox’ to boost start-ups.
- Girl students of government schools in Haryana will get sanitary napkins at just Re 1 starting August.
- To prevent death of newborns due to lack of medical emergency facilities in health centres, the Gujarat government has decided to launch a dedicated ambulance service to shift critically ill infants to better equipped hospitals.
- An orchid was named after Prime Minister Modi to mark his visit to the National Orchid Garden of Singapore – Dendrobium Narendra Modi.
- China successfully launched a new earth observation (Gaofen-6) satellite launched on a Long March-2D rocket which will be mainly used in agricultural resources research and disaster monitoring.
- The Augmenting Writing Skills for Articulating Research (AWSAR) initiative will each year reward 100 best articles by PhD students with cash prize of Rs.1,00,000 each and a certificate of appreciation.
- The Interstellar Mapping and Acceleration Probe (IMAP) mission will help researchers better understand the boundary of the heliosphere by
- eMotion Motors, a Coimbatore-based start-up, will unveil a prototype of its geared electric motorcycle, Surge on June 5, World Environment Day.
- Agni-V was successfully launched from the APJ Kalam Island, off the coast of Odisha. This is the sixth successful test flight of the missile.
- Operation ‘NISTAR’ by Indian Navy to rescue the 38 Indians from Socotra island in Yemen where they were stranded after a severe cyclonic storm Mekenu hit the area by its ship INS Sunayna.
- Gopabandhu Sambadika Swasthya Bima Yojana – Odisha government launched a health insurance scheme for working journalists in the state.
- Dinesh Gupta – Director General of the Geological Survey of India (GSI)
- Giuseppe Conte – Italy’s Prime Minister
- Social entrepreneur Vijay Mahajan – Secretary and chief executive officer of the Rajiv Gandhi Foundation
- Pedro Sanchez – Spain’s Prime Minister
- The Ministry of Earth Science (MoES) launched the Ensemble Prediction System (EPS) for generating more accurate and area specific forecast of extreme weather events like rains, heat wave and cold wave.
To Download Detailed Current Affairs Click Here