Current Affairs – June 16, 2018 – One Liner
To Know 2018 Pocket Current Affairs Click Here
June 16 – International Domestic Workers Day (IDWD)
- A national domestic council will be formed to promote the growth of the labour-intensive gems and jewellery sector in the country.
- The Foundation stone of “Auxiliary Production Unit and State-of-the-Art Artificial Limbs Fitting Centre” of Artificial Limbs Manufacturing Corporation of India (ALIMCO) under Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (DEPwD) at Faridabad, Haryana.
- Using gold nanoparticles coated with a simple organic molecule (porphyrin), researchers from CSIR-Indian Institute of Chemical Biology, Kolkata, have designed an efficient drug nanocarrier.
- IIT Hyderabad has built DAiSEE (Dataset for Affective States in E-Environments), the first multilabel video-classification dataset for recognising boredom, confusion, frustration and engagement.
- Russia successfully launched a Glonass-M positioning satellite using a Soyuz-2.1b carrier rocket.
- The U.S. has surpassed India to become the top destination for greenfield FDI investment in 2017.
- The foreign ministers of Greece and Macedonia signed an accord to rename the former Yugoslav republic as the “Republic of North Macedonia’.
- The fourth meeting of the Governing Council of NITI Aayog under the chairmanship of the Hon’ble Prime Minister Modi at Rashtrapati Bhavan
- Tamil Nadu ranks 13th in the Support for Urban Street Vendors Programme implemented under the Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana-National Urban Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NULM) scheme of the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs.
- Meghana Shanbough – IAF’s First Women Fighter Pilot From Karnataka.
- Prarthana Thombare and Luksika Kumkhum of Thailand clinched the title, beating top seeds Naomi Broady of Great Britain and Asia Mukhammad of the United States in the ITF women’s tennis tournament.
- Two-time Formula One champion Fernando Alonso won the 24 Hours Le Mans race on his debut.
- Meghana and Tejas Krishna get mixed air rifle gold at the 18th Kumar Surendra Singh shooting championship.
- Roger Federer defeated Nick Kyrgios to book his place in the Stuttgart Open final and reclaim the 1 ranking.
To Download Detailed Current Affairs Click Here