Important Current Affairs July 6, 2018 – One liner
To Know 2018 Pocket Current Affairs Click Here
- Visakhapatnam will soon have a Design university for gaming which will be set up by UNESCO, specialised agency of United Nations.
- East Coast Railway launches highest ever 06 Limited Height Subways (LHS) between two stations in Sambalpur Division in one day.
- Sambalpur Division becomes the first to eliminate all unmanned Level Crossing Gates in Indian Railways.
- World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) would soon open a Technology Innovation Support Centres (TISCs) in Jaipur.
- A low-cost Portable Unreserved Ticketing System (P-UTS) has been developed by Southern Railway to eliminate printed card tickets and issue unreserved tickets.
- Ernst & Young (EY) will set up a Global Managed Business Services Centre at Thiruvananthapuram Technopark campus.
- A nature information centre established by the Nature Conservation Foundation focused on creating awareness among local communities is set for inauguration at Yellemaala village of Kollegal taluk in Chamarajanagar district.
- India has agreed to form a joint venture with Sri Lanka to operate the country’s loss-making Mattala Rajapaksa International Airport in Hambantota.
- Commerce Secretary, Rita Teaotia, chaired the first meeting of the Task Force on e-commerce in New Delhi.
- The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, addressed the 8th International Convention of Saurashtra Patel Cultural Samaj in California, United States of America.
- National Security Guard (NSG) is the first paramilitary force to opt for e-ticketing in lieu of Railway Warrants.
Award for ghatam maestro by the Music Academy
- H. Vinayakram (‘Vikku’ Vinayakram ) – Special Lifetime Achievement Award
- The Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC) has developed a mobile app ‘GST Verify’ to protect interest of consumers.
- Bajrang Punia emerged champion in the 65kg category and Deepak Punia clinched a bronze in the 86kg category at the Tbilisi Grand Prix Wrestling, Georgia.
To Download Detailed Current Affairs Click Here