Important Current Affairs July 4, 2018 – One liner
To Know 2018 Pocket Current Affairs Click Here
- The central government’s Chemicals and Fertilizers Ministry intends to set up India’s first-ever e-waste recycling unit in Bengaluru.
- Nagpur, the second capital of Maharashtra, is set to host the Monsoon session of the state Legislature after a gap of 47 years.
- IIT Roorkee researchers have developed computer vision approach for the monitoring of railway tracks using drones and satellite data.
- The Union Cabinet decided to name the Agartala airport in Tripura after Maharaja Bir Bikram Manikya Kishore, the erstwhile ruler of the state.
- Cosmic rays from massive star system Eta Carinae may reach earth as cosmic rays, a study using data from a NASA telescope has found.
- Bank of China one of the four biggest state-run Chinese lenders has received in-principle approval from the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to open branches in India.
- The International Union of Food Science and Technology (IUFoST) announced the 19th edition of its prestigious global event to be held in Navi Mumbai, India from October 23-27, 2018.
- Focal theme – 25 Billion Meals a Day by 2025 with Healthy, Nutritious, Safe and Diverse Foods.
- Major General Jose Eladio Alcain of Uruguay – Head of mission and chief military observer for the UN Military Observer Group in India and Pakistan (UNMOGIP).
- Simon Smith – MD for Ola Australia
- Madhya Pradesh government has launched subsidised power scheme ‘Sambal’ for labourers and poor families.
- The Union Cabinet approved the Transfer of Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB)’s land measuring 5.99 acres at Tawang to the State Government of Arunachal Pradesh for construction of a Mega-Festival-Cum-Multipurpose Ground.
- The Union Cabinet approved the accession to the WIPO Copyright Treaty and WIPO Performers and Phonograms Treaty which extends coverage of copyright to the internet and digital environment.
- MoU between India and United Kingdom regarding cooperation between both countries in the sphere of Law & Justice and to set up a Joint Consultative Committee.
Swachhata Awards 2018 of MSME Ministry
- Industrial Clusters, Industry Associations and field offices of National Small Industries Corporation Limited (NSIC), Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC), DC(MSME), Coir Board – Swachhata Awards
- Union Minister of Coal, Railways, Finance & Corporate Affairs, Shri Piyush Goyal launched the Coal Mine Surveillance & Management System (CMSMS) and Mobile Application ‘Khan Prahari’ developed by CMPDI, Ranchi.
- Competition Commission of India (CCI) launches an Online Guidance System for determining notifiability of Merger & Acquisitions in terms of the Competition Act, 2002.
- India beat England by 8 wickets in the first twenty 20I at Manchester.
To Download Detailed Current Affairs Click Here