Important Current Affairs July 28,29 2018 – One liner
To Know 2018 Pocket Current Affairs Click Here
July 28 – World Nature Conservation Day
July 28 – World Hepatitis Day
July 29 – International Tiger Day
- Turnitin software to detect plagiarism in research, would be provided to all universities free of cost.
- Meghalaya Milk Mission will facilitate in achieving the Centre’s goal of doubling farmer’s income by 2022 through promotion of milk business in the state.
- Shri Dharmendra Pradhan, laid the foundation stone for permanent campus of National Skill Training Institute (NSTI) for Women and Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Kendra (PMKK) for differently abled at Mohali, Punjab.
- Karimnagar, Telangana to have 150-ft State’s second highest monumental flag pole.
- The Supreme Court has made it clear to the Survey of India (SoI) that the time granted by it for demarcation of the Inter-State Boundary (ISB) between Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh would not be extended beyond August 31.
- Imran Khan will be sworn in as Pakistan’s new Prime Minister before the country’s Independence Day on August 14.
- India has been designated as a nodal centre for preparing flash-flood forecasts that can issue advance warning of floods in Vietnam, Sri Lanka, Myanmar and Thailand by the World Meteorological Organization (WMO).
- One of the earliest stone tools from the region discovered by Robert Bruce Foote almost 150 years ago from various sites of Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh, have been put on display for the first time at the Indian Museum in Kolkata.
- A diagnostic test for TB meningitis (the most severe form of TB) with nearly 100% sensitivity and about 91% specificity has been developed by Department of Biotechnology at AIIMS.
- Researchers from University of Delhi and National Institute of Cancer Prevention and Research, Noida have identified two proteins survivin and STAT3 potential markers of the disease, these proteins could also be suitable therapeutic targets in preventing gastric cancer progression.
- Indian state-owned miner NMDC is the highest bidder in a government e-auction for a gold mine in the southern State of Andhra Pradesh.
- Headed by Cabinet Secretary – Government constitutes High Level Empowered Committee to address the issues of Stressed Thermal Power Projects
- Shri J P Nadda, Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare launched the National Viral Hepatitis Control Program to mark the World Hepatitis Day, 2018.
- Most states, including Rajasthan, have agreed to supply milk for two days a week through Mid-Day Meal and Anganwadi schemes.
- For the first time, an Indian vehicle manufacturer, Ashok Leyland will deliver heavy duty, high mobility vehicles for the Army’s Russian-built Smerch Multi-Barrel Rocket launchers (MBRL).
- The two day Curtain Raiser: Unified Commanders’ Conference – 2018 will be held on 30th & 31st Jul 2018 at New Delhi.
- Shanta Devi – Malati Chandur Award on novelist and short story writer
- The Greater Visakhapatnam Municipal Corporation (GVMC) – “Project award in social aspects for outstanding achievement in implementing smart campus”
- Shri Dharmendra Pradhan launched India’s first in-phone guide and mobile application “Go whats That” in Chandigarh.
- ‘Ramayana Yatra’ was launched to provide details of over 50 such sites in the island nation at the second day of the 106th edition of the ‘India International Travel Mart’ (IITM) in Bengaluru.
- India progressed to the knock-out stages of the World Cup in London after 1-1 draw in their last match against USA.
- Kapil Dev, Rishi Narain and Amit Luthra to represent India at the Asia Pacific Senior Golf 2018 to be held in Miyazaki, Japan.
- Bajrang Punia won gold, Pinki in women’s competition won the gold medal while Sandeep Tomar won a silver medal at the Yasar Dogu International in Istanbul, Turkey.
- Former National champion Sourabh Verma beat Japan’s Koki Watanabe at the Russia Open Tour Super 100 badminton tournament.
- Egypt beat England to win World Junior squash team title.
- Bangladesh beat the West Indies and won their one-day international series 2-1.
- Australia’s Wendy Tuck became the first female skipper to win a round-the-world yacht race.
To Download Detailed Current Affairs Click Here