Important Current Affairs July 26 2018 – One liner
To Know 2018 Pocket Current Affairs Click Here
July 26 – Kargil Vijay Diwas
- The Supreme Court suggested that the Compensation Scheme for Women Victims/Survivors of Sexual Assault/Other Crimes-2018, proposed by the National Legal Services Authority, should include child victims of sexual assault.
- Pakistan’s cricket star-turned politician Imran Khan declared victory for his party, the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf party (PTI), in the country’s general election.
- The Department of Telecommunications gave its final approval to the merger of Vodafone India and Idea Cellular.
- Sensex crossed above the 37,000-mark for the first time ever.
- Japan’s NTT Communications Corporation announced that the company will set up two new data centres in Mumbai and Bangalore, through Netmagic, a subsidiary.
- The 6th India-UK Science & Innovation Council (SIC) meeting held in New Delhi discussed a range of issues on S&T cooperation between the two countries.
- 10th BRICS Summit took place at Sandton Convention Centre in Johannesburg.
- Shri Rajnath Singh inaugurates the 2nd Conference of Young Superintendents of Police.
- The Department of School Education and Literacy has launched the Samagra Shiksha – an Integrated Scheme for School Education as a Centrally Sponsored Scheme with effect from the year 2018-19.
- Garden Reach Ship Builders (GRSE) of Kolkata, a defence public sector undertaking, has signed a MoU with Khulna Shipyard Limited (KSY) of Bangladesh to help the country in design and construction of warships.
- The Union Cabinet approved JEE (Main) and National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET)-UG twice a year in order to give adequate opportunity to candidates to bring out their best.
- Raksha Rajya Mantri (RRM) Dr. Subhash Bhamre inaugurated a two-day Air Defence India – 2018 Seminar & Exhibition, organised by Centre for Joint Warfare Studies (CENJOWS).
Centre for Cultural Resources and Training Centre
- Senior Fellowship Award for 2016-17 – Mohammed Ayazuddin Patel
- Atal Innovation Mission, NITI Aayog & MyGov launches “Innovate India Platform”. The #InnovateIndia portal will serve as the common point for all the innovation happening across the nation.
- Ireland beat India 1-0 in the Women’s World Cup Hockey group league match.
Goal of 2018 Fifa World Cup
- Benjamin Pavard’s [France] goal against Argentina [first European player to win the award since its inauguration in 2006]
- Juan Quintero’s [Colombia] goal against Japan
- Luka Modric’s [Croatia] goal against Argentina
To Download Detailed Current Affairs Click Here