Important Current Affairs July 21,22 2018 – One liner
To Know 2018 Pocket Current Affairs Click Here
- Harsh Vardhan inaugurates the most advanced System of Air Quality and Weather Forecasting (SAFAR) to track UV-Index, PM1, Mercury and Black carbon in real time at Chandni Chowk in New Delhi.
- Bihar has recorded the highest monsoon deficiency of 48%, while eastern Uttar Pradesh and Jharkhand have recorded 46% and 42% respectively – The India Meteorological Department data.
- The Kanti Velugu programme of the State government to check up the eyes of every citizen for ailments will be launched across Telangana on August 15.
- Kumbakonam became the first town in the State to acquire the Bandicoot Robotic Scavenger, developed by Genrobotics, would clear over 5,300 manholes of the underground sewer system.
- The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, delivered an address over live video link, on the occasion of the expansion of Emergency Ambulance Service over the entire island in Sri Lanka, with Indian Assistance.
- Chinese President Xi Jinping has offered Sri Lanka a fresh grant of two billion yuan ($295 million).
- Researchers at the Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) Pune to improve cancer drug delivery by encapsulating the poorly water-soluble anticancer drug Alisertib in polysaccharide nano-sized balls or vesicles.
- IISc Bengaluru researchers have found that cholesterol present in cell membrane plays a crucial role in stabilising and binding together the pore-forming toxin cytolysin A.
- NASA is preparing to send the Parker Solar Probe, a robotic spacecraft the size of a small car closer to the sun to study this outermost part of the stellar atmosphere that gives rise to the solar wind.
- New Delhi and Mumbai airports will soon get environmentally friendly Israeli TaxiBots to help reduce carbon emissions.
Public Affairs Index 2018
- Best governed large State – 1) Kerala 2) Tamilnadu
3) Telangana 4) Karnataka
- The Goods and Services Tax Council, at its 28th meeting reduced the rates on more than 50 products, including sanitary pads, small televisions, washing machines, and refrigerators.
- Justice V.K.Tahilramani – New Chief Justice of Madras High Court
- Sports Authority of India took significant step towards the development of sports, cleared 734 players for a scholarship programme under Khelo India Talent Identification Development scheme.
- The 2nd edition of the ‘Sagarmatha Friendship-2’, 10-day Nepal-China joint military exercise will be held at Chengdu, the capital of China’s southwestern Sichuan Province.
- Kerala’s Health Minister K.K. Shylaja – Leadership Award 2018
- Haryana’s Mohit Kumar broke the under-18 national decathlon record in the 15th National youth athletics championships at Vadodara, Gujarat.
- Davis Cupper Ramkumar Ramanathan powered into his maiden ATP Tour final as he beat Tim Smyczek of the US in the Hall of Fame tennis tournament.
- Sachin Rathi & Deepak Punia won gold at the Junior Asian Wrestling Championships.
- Lakshya Sen became only the third Indian shuttler to secure a gold medal at the Badminton Asia junior championships in Indonesia.
To Download Detailed Current Affairs Click Here