Important Current Affairs July 17 2018 – One liner
To Know 2018 Pocket Current Affairs Click Here
- Telangana set for the launch of fourth phase of Haritha Haram in the district on July 21. 2 lakh saplings to be planted in a single day.
- The police in Mysuru have embarked upon a new project to groom schoolchildren as ambassadors of traffic rules and launching the ‘Awareness Through Little Hearts’ programme.
- The fish species, found in the Cauvery river, Kerala was recently christened Tor ramadevii, after noted ichthyologist K. Remadevi of the Zoological Survey of India.
- Government has decided to set up a committee under the Chairmanship of Shri Anil Swarup, former Secretary, School Education to strengthen National Cadet Corps (NCC) and National Service Scheme (NSS).
- First dedicated corridor for freight trains – The 190-km railway line will be between Dadri in Uttar Pradesh and Phulera in Rajasthan, which fall under the Western Dedicated Freight Corridor (WDFC).
- Japan and the EU signed a sweeping free trade deal.
- Google Doodle celebrated the 124th birth anniversary of Belgian astronomer Georges Lemaitre, the founder of the Big Bang theory.
- IIT Madras Unveils World’s First Remotely Operable Microscope Worth Rs 40 Crore.
- The government has doubled import duty on more than 50 textile products a move aimed at promoting domestic manufacturing.
The 2018 ‘Soft Power 30’ index annual global ranking
- 1) UK 2) France 3) Germany
- Raising towards Excellence – A two day Conference of Heads of AYUSH National Institutes organized by All India Institute of Ayurveda (AIIA) inaugurated at New Delhi.
- Union Minister for Agriculture and Farmers Welfare ShriRadha Mohan Singh to held a meeting at Guwahati to review the development of Agri-Horticulture sector in Assam.
- Government holds All Party Leaders Meeting ahead of Monsoon Session 2018 of Parliament.
- A high level National Conference of State/UT Ministers-in-charge of Women & Child development held in New Delhi with focus on women and child safety.
- Fastags and Vehicle Tracking System to be Made Mandatory for All National Permit Commercial Vehicles. Driving License and Other Certificates to be allowed in Digital form. No Fitness Certificate Required for Registering New Vehicles.
- Ministry of Steel has agreed to the proposal received from various CPSEs under its control to introduce the pension scheme with effect from 1stJanuary 2007.
- MoU between All India Institute of Ayurveda and Indian Institute of Technology, New Delhi.
- A delegation led by the Commander Combined Task Force (CTF 151), Rear Admiral Saw Shi Tat, Republic of Singapore Navy, visited INS Teg at Djibouti harbour.
- The Chittoor district police have devised a new strategy to tackle rowdy-sheeters by bringing them under the ambit of the unique Parivartana App.
To Download Detailed Current Affairs Click Here