Important Current Affairs July 1, 2018 – One liner
To Know 2018 Pocket Current Affairs Click Here
- July 1 – National Doctors day. The National Doctors’ Day is a day celebrated in memory of legendary physician Dr. B.C. Roy, who was born on July 1, 1882 & to recognize the contributions of physicians to individual lives and communities.
- Government celebrates 1st GST Day; Finance Minister and Industry Stalwarts commemorate the first year of the unprecedented reform of Indian taxation.
- The President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind, inaugurated the platinum jubilee celebrations of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) in New Delhi (July 1, 2018).
- Satyashri Sharmila is the first transperson from Tamil Nadu to enrol in the Bar Council.
- An Indian-origin woman entrepreneur Leah Chowdhry in the UK is training to swim across the English Channel to raise funds to combat child trafficking in India.
- The Odisha State Disaster Management Authority signed a MoU with RIMES to enhance the early warning system for effective management of all disasters in the state.
- A high level Ministerial delegation from India headed by Shri Kiren Rijiju, Minister of State for Home Affairs will be participating in the Asian Ministerial Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction 2018 (AMCDRR 2018) to be held in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia from 03-06 July, 2018.
- AMCDRR 2018 Theme: ‘Preventing Disaster Risk: Protecting Sustainable Development’
- A conference of Ministers for Power, New & Renewable Energy of States & Union Territories will be held on 3rd July at Shimla, Himachal Pradesh.
- Commander Abhilash Tomy of the Indian Navy, a well-known sailor, is participating in the historic Golden Globe Race (GGR), which commenced from the Les Sables d’Olonne harbour in western France.
- The CBDT extended the deadline for the PAN-Aadhaar linking to March 31 next year.
- Money in Swiss banks:-
- India – 73rd place
- 1) UK 2) U.S.
- The Election Commission will launch a voter education and electoral participation portal on July 3, with a section dedicated to the Persons with Disabilities (PwDs).
- World Champions Australia defeated India 3-1 via shoot-off after both teams were locked at 1-1 in regulation time to clinch its second consecutive Champions Trophy hockey title.
To Download Detailed Current Affairs Click Here