Important Current Affairs January 9 One liner
- Polavaram project of Andhra Pradesh, the concrete works of spill channel successfully entered Guinness Book of World Records by completing 32,315.5 Cubic meter of concrete works in a span of 24 hours.
- The Chief Minister of Meghalaya inaugurated the project “Development of North East Circuit – Orchid Lake Resort” implemented under Swadesh Darshan Scheme.
- The Delhi High Court refused to vacate the stay on sale of drugs and prescription medicines by online pharmacies.
- The Supreme Court has set up a five-judge Constitution Bench to hear the Ram Janmabhoomi-Babri Masjid land title dispute case.
- NASA’s latest planet-hunting probe has discovered a new world outside our solar system, orbiting a dwarf star 53 light years away.
- Union Minister Radha Mohan Singh released recombinant Enzyme-linked immune sorbent assay (ELISA) kits: one for Glanders and other for Equine Infectious Anaemia.
- IIT Madras team produces gas hydrates under ‘space’ conditions.
- A report by World Economic Forum said that India is set to become the world’s third largest consumer market behind only USA and China by 2030.
ICC Test Batsmen rankings
- Virat Kohli 3) Cheteshwar Pujara 17) Rishabh Pant [joint-highest by a specialist India wicketkeeper along with Farokh Engineer]
- A One Day Workshop on Public Sector Enterprises on Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) was held at New Delhi.
- Union Minister Arun Jaitley launched the induction of 15 Electric Vehicles in the Department of Economic Affairs (DEA), Ministry of Finance in New Delhi.
- Rajya Sabha discusses 124th Constitution Amendment Bill to provide for 10% reservation to economically backward people among upper castes.
- India and Norway have agreed to closely collaborate on ocean economy and achieving the Sustainable Development Goals.
- The Ministry of Women and Child Development, Government of India, has launched an online campaign, ‘#www : Web- WonderWomen’.
- Egypt will host the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations Football. Egypt hosting the African football for the fifth time.