Important Current Affairs January 22 One liner
- Assam Government has decided to give 10 % quota in Government jobs and educational institutes to economically weaker sections in general category.
- Heavy rains drastically reduced the pollution level in New Delhi
- Manipur, Meghalaya and Tripura are celebrating their statehood day on 21.01.2019.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the 15th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas at Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh.
- Theme – “Role of Indian Diaspora in building a New India.”
- The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, inaugurated Centers of Excellence at Deen Dayal Hastkala Sankul in Varanasi.
- Germany sanctions Iranian airline.
2019 Edelman Trust Barometer report
- India is among the most trusted nations globally when it comes to government, business, NGOs and media.
- China topped the Trust Index among both the informed public and the general population segments.
- India Steel 2019 Exhibition and Conference will begin in Mumbai.
- The 2nd World Integrated Medicine Forum 2019 on the Regulation of Homeopathic Medical Products will be held in Goa.
- The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India organises Insolvency and Bankruptcy Awareness Programme at Vadodara, Gujarat.
- Ten years after “26/11”, the Indian Navy commenced the largest coastal defence exercise SEA VIGIL off the Indian coast.
- President Ram Nath Kovind conferred the Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puraskar 2019 at a function in Rashtrapati Bhawan.
- Virat Kohli named Captain of ICC’s Test, ODI teams of Year.
- The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) announced a bonus of 20 lakh rupees each for the senior selection committee members.
- Indonesia Masters badminton tournament will begin in Jakarta.