Important Current Affairs February 09 One liner
- The Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone for 7 Extra High Voltage (EHV) Sub-stations and 24 Low Tension (LT) Sub-stations in Itanagar, Arunachal Pradesh.
- In Bihar, Governor Lalji Tandon and Union Agriculture Minister Radha Mohan Singh jointly inaugurated the three -day Krishi Kumbh in Motihari.
- A high-level avalanche warning was issued by Snow & Avalanche Study Establishment, Chandigarh in Jammu & Kashmir.
- Maharashtra Government has informed that about eighty percent of the state’s farmers will be eligible for the Centre’s Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi scheme.
- Union Minister for Food Processing Industries Smt Harsimrat Kaur Badal laid foundation stone for M/s Nandvan Mega Food Park Private Limited located in Badawal, Chhata-Barsana road in Mathura in Uttar Pradesh.
- The Red Cross called for a total ban on nuclear weapons, warning of the growing risk that such arms could again be used with devastating effect.
- The West Bengal has received more than two Lakhs 84 thousands 288 crore rupees investment proposals in the Bengal Global Business Summit. The two day long summit ended in Kolkata.
- To highlight the growth of silk industry in the country over the last four years, Textiles Ministry is organizing a mega silk event in New Delhi.
- The Election Commission has launched a Voter Verification and Information Programme (VVIP) for verifications of voters’ names, new registrations, changes or corrections in the Voter Id Cards for the upcoming General Elections.
- Union Minister for Commerce and Industry Suresh Prabhu launched two ambitious schemes, the Hirkani Maharashtrachi and District Business Plan Competition in Mumbai
- The Punjab government approved a proposal to make it mandatory for all the 117 MLAs to declare their immovable properties.
- PM launches DD Arunprabha – a dedicated 24×7 Satellite channel for Arunachal Pradesh.
- ‘PwD App’ – To enable Divyangs for new registration, change in address and others details for the upcoming General Elections launched.
- Rohit with 2,288 runs, overtook Martin Guptill, who has 2,272 runs, to become the leading run-scorer in the shortest format of the game.
- Rohit Sharma now also holds the record for most fifty-plus scores in T20s.
- In Tennis, the Indian campaign at the ATP Chennai Open Challenger tournament came to an end after Prajnesh Gunneswaran and Sasikumar Mukund losing their respective Singles semi-final matches.
- India’s top doubles pair Rohan Bopanna and Divij Sharan entered the semi-finals of Sofia Open Tennis in Bulgaria.
- Jeremy Lalrinnunga clinched silver in men’s 67-kilogram category, fetching India’s second medal in the EGAT’s Cup International Weightlifting Championships in Thailand.
2019 January Current Affairs Monthly Capsule
To Download 2019 Current Affairs January Quiz
To Know 2018 Daily Current Affairs
To Download 2018 Current Affairs Quiz PDF
Current Affairs WhatsAPP Group – Click Here