Important Current Affairs February 6, 2018 – One Liner
- “Pelican Bird festival 2018” was held at the Atapaka Bird Sanctuary on Kolleru Lake in Andhra Pradesh.
- According to the report by BMI research, India’s fiscal deficit in financial year 2018 -19 is expected to come in at 3.5 percent of Gross Domestic Product (GDP).
- Nepalese Tea has finally received its own brand logo or traded mark in the international market after 154 year-long cultivation.
- The center for science and Environment (CSE) has been ranked the number one environment policy think tank in India.
- On 5th February 2018, NITI Aayog CEO Amitabh Kant was given an extension till 30th June 2019.
- Jerome H. Powell sworn in as 16th chairman of the board of governors of the Federal resource system in the USA.
- India successfully flight tested the indigenously developed Agni I ballistic missile from a test range off the Odisha coast, Integrated Test Range (ITR) at Abdul Kalam Island in Balsore Odisha.
- International day of zero tolerance to female Genital mutilation was observed all over the world on February 6.