Important Current Affairs February 27, 2018 – One Liner
- Uma Bharthi, Union minister launched the Swajal pilot project at village Bhikampur in Rajasthan. Swajal is a community owned drinking water programme for sustained drinking water supply.
- India – Korea business summit held in Newdelhi.
- Union ministry at External Affairs (MEA) is planning to set up “India comers” at educational institutes abroad, which will provide authentic reference material for students who wish to know more about India.
- Nitin Gadkari laid the foundation stone for National Technology center for ports, waterways and coasts (NTCPWC) at, IIT, Chennai.
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) raised the exposure limit under Exchange Traded Currency Derivatives (ETCD) for residents and Foreign Portfolio Investors (FPIS) to USD 100 million across all currency parts.
- Mountaineer Samina Baig was appointed as national goodwill ambassador for Pakistan by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
- Indian space research organization has started work on building igloos on the moon. These lunar habitats will be built by sending robots and 3D printers to the moon.
- Chilika Lake in Odisha has become the single largest habitat of Irawaddy dolphins in the world.
- Gopi Thonakal and Monika Athare won titles in the Men’s and Women’s category in IDBI Federal life insurance New Delhi Marathon.