Important Current Affairs February 22, 2018 – One Liner
- Uttar Pradesh (UP) has become the first state in India where business and investments projects can now be cleared digitally without any human interface “Nivesh Mitra”, a digital platform which will serve as a single window clearance system.
- Israeli Ambassador to India Mr.Daniel Carmon has stated that a center for agriculture with collaboration of Israeli expertise is going to be inaugurated in Mizoram.
- Telegana signed Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Taiwan for better technology partnership in the state.
- Jaipur’s Gandhi Nagar railway station became India’s first major railway station to be completely managed by women personnel.
- PM Narendra Modi announced that a defence industrial production corridor worth Rs.200 billion will be established in Bundelkand, Madhya Pradesh.
- India has ranks 81st out of 180 countries in the global corruption perceptions Index 2017, released by transparency international. In least corrupt countries list topped by New Zealand.
- India has contributed USD 1 million for the rehabilitation works in Tonga after the devastation caused by Tropical cyclone Gita.
- RBI has constituted an expert committee under the chairmanship of Y.H.Malegam to look into range of issues relating to classification of bad loans, rising incidents of frauds and effectiveness of audits.
- Employees Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) declared the rate of interest on employees provident fund for 2017 -18 will be 8.55 percent.
- Indian government notified the revised Double Taxation Avoidance Agreement (DTAA) between India and Kenya.
- 71st British Academy film awards, London, UK.
Best Film – Three Billiards outside Ebbing Missouri.
Best Actor – Gary Old man – Darkest hour.
Best Actress – Frances Mc Dormand
Best Director – The Shape of water à Guillermo Del Toro.
- Flying officer Avani Chaturvedi became the first Indian women to fly a fighter Aircraft solo by flying (MiG – 21”Bison”.
- India successfully conducted a might trial of Pritivi – II, an indigenously developed nuclear capable missile from a test range in Odisha.
- S. Anantharaman, a popular violinist passed away in recently in Chennai.