Important Current Affairs February 21, 2018 – One Liner
- Christian coleman of US broke the 20 year old world record in 60 meter sprint with 6.34 second timing at the US in door national championships in Albuquerque.
- World environment Day celebrates (On June 5, 2018) will be hoisted by India. India to host world Environment Day (WED) 2018. This year theme “Beat Plastic Pollution”.
- World Day of social justice – February 20.
Theme for 2018: “Workers on the move: the quest for social justice”.
- Regional conference of Southern state resources held at Hyderabad, Telegana.
- Union ministry of Railway and Maharashtra state government have signed Memoranda of Understanding (MoU) to set up a rail coach factory at Latur, Maharashtra.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi flagged off the palace Queen Humsafar express train at the Mysuru railway station, Karnataka.
- The University Grant Commission (UGC) formed a 4 member Empowered Expert Committee (EEC) to perform appraisal of application in order to shortlist 20 Institutions of Eminence (IOE). The committee is headed by N. Gopalswami, Chairperson of the empowered Expert Committee.
- As per a report from content delivery network services Akamai Technologies. India has ranked 7th on list of targeted countries for Web Application Attacks (WAA).
- Debashish Mukherjee and Murali Ramaswami were appointed executive directors of Canara Bank and Vijaya bank respectively.
- SARAS, indigenously light transport aircraft of India, successfully finished its second test flight.
- Virat Kohli has become the first Indian to cross 900 points in the ICC ODI player ranking with 909 points.
- BK. Goyal a reputed cardiologist recently passed away and he is a Padmashri awardee.
- International Mother Language day – 21st February 2018.
Theme for 2018: “Linguistic diversity and multilingualism count for sustainable development”.