Important Current Affairs August 7 2018 – One liner
- Leading Chinese company Holitech Technology which supplies key components to smart-phone maker Xiaomi signed an MoU with the State government for the establishment of its first unit in India at Tirupati.
- Three start-ups mentored by the Kerala Startup Mission (KSUM) have bagged a seed funding of up to Rs.25 lakh each in the India Innovation Growth Programme (IIGP) 2.0 held in New Delhi.
- The biannual six-day wildlife monitoring exercise, using the Android-based mobile application, began at Sathyamangalam Tiger Reserve (STR)
- Meghalaya, Mizoram and Tripura have emerged as the new hotspots for HIV, according to the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
- Telangana Agriculture Minister P. Srinivas Reddy has said that a total of 27 lakh farmers in the State would be given life insurance bonds between August 6 and 13.
- China Post unveiled the design of a stamp due for release in 2019 – the Year of Pig.
- Brazil closed its northern border to Venezuelans to slow mass migration from the South American country saddled with a crippling political and economic crisis.
- Hawaii’s Big Island readies as Hurricane Hector approaches
- NASA’s Curiosity rover completes six years on Mars
- Indian Space Research Organisation’s (ISRO) heaviest satellite so far the GSAT-11 which the space agency had cleared for launch in June, will take off a spaceport in French Guiana on 30 November
- Ola plans to launch services in the United Kingdom this year.
- Rafael Nadal (Spain) 2. Roger Federer (Switzerland) 3. Alexander Zverev (Germany)
- Aditya Vikram & Pramod Chandra Mody – Members to Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT)
- A joint Cycling cum Trekking Expedition of Indian Army and Royal Bhutan Army was conducted to commemorate “Fifty years of Establishment of Diplomatic Relations between India and Bhutan”.
- Vigyan Prasar, under the guidance of the Department of Science and Technology (DST) has launched India Science (indiascience.in), an Internet-based science channel.
- The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India TRAI integrates its Mobile App DND 2.0 & MyCall with UMANG Platform with the objective of reaching out to consumers and safeguarding their interests.
- Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar and Tourism Minister Manohar Ajgaonkar flagged off the Goa Tourism Development Corporation’s app-based taxi service “GoaMiles” in Panaji.
- India beat Argentina 2-1 in the U20 football COTIF Cup.