Important Current Affairs April 23, 2018 – One Liner
- Diu smart city becomes first to run on 100% Renewable energy during daytime.
- Taniya Sanyal from Kolkata has become the first women fire fighter appointed by Airports Authority of India (AAI).
- Central government approved an ordinance to amend the POCSO Act (Protection of Children from Sexual Offences) to provides death Penalty for the rape of children below the age of 12 years.
- Iran banned the use of bit coin and other Crypto currencies by its banks and financial Institutions.
- Canada will host the world’s female foreign ministers for talks ahead of this year’s UN General Assembly.
- Paytm Payment Bank announced that it now has over 100 million KYC Wallets.
- World Bank Group approved USD 13 billion increase in Paid – in Capital as part of a series of internal reforms.
- India has retained its position as the top remittances receiving country with its people who have immigrated to various countries sending nearly USD 69 billion back home in 2017 by World Bank report.
- Dada Saheb Phalke Excellence Awards 2018.
Best Actor (male) Shahid Kapoor.
Best Actor (people’s choice) Ranveer Singh.
Entertainer of the year Karthik Aryan.
Best Actress (crictics) Aditi Rao Hydari.
Life time achievement Simi Agarwal.
Pride of Indian Cinema Sanjay Dutt.
Path breaking producer of the year Anuskha Sharma and Karnesh Shrama.
- Mukesh Ambani (24th) and human rights lawyer Indira Jaising (20th) have featured in fortune magazine’s 2018 ranking of 50 greatest leaders.
- 8th South Asian Judo Championship, Nepal.
- Rafael Nadal Spain won his 31st month Carlo master title held in Monaco.
- World Book and copy right day, world English language day – April 23. (2018 book capital – Greece).