Important Current Affairs April 17, 2018 – One Liner
- A 2.5 km long bridge built over 1b River in Sambalpur, Odisha.
- Central government along with state government and private partners is working to promote Goa as a tourism destination and a Cargo hub.
- Bisket Jatra celebration began in Bhaktapur, Nepal.
- ICICI bank became the first bank in India to successfully under take pilot translations on its block chain platform for International trade finance.
- 21st common wealth games, Gold coast, Australia. Next common wealth to be held in Birmingham, UK, 2022. Previous common wealth games (20th) held at Glasgow, Scotland.
Motto: Share the Dream
Mascot: Borobi – (Koala bear)
- Medal table is top by Australia and India got the 3rd
- India ended its campaign with a total of 66 medals (26 Gold, 20 Silver, 20 Bronze).
- India won the highest number of medals in shooting. Anish Bhanwala, 15 year created a history by becoming the country’s youngest gold medal winner with a record.
- Table Tennis player Manika Batra won medal in each event she participated and won 4 medals and she became the first women singles gold medal winner in common wealth.
- Saina Nehwal first Indian to win two singles gold at the games.
- Aditi Rao Hydari will be awarded the Dada Saheb Phalke excellence award 2018 for best leading lady (Critics Award) for movie “Bhoomi”.
- Yuki Bhamri entered into top 100 ATP men’s singles ranking with a rank 83 for first time.
- World Hemophilia day – April 17.
Theme: Sharing Knowledge makes us stronger.