ICMR released “What India Eats” report – 31.4% of urban were overweight. ICMR (The Indian Council of Medical Research) which is the apex body in India for the formulation, coordination and promotion of biomedical research released the What India Eats Report. ICMR released the report in collaboration with National Institute of Nutrition. As per the report, urban regions in the country consumed more fat than people in rural areas.
- Abdominal obesity was common in 61.4% population. Around 53.6% of urban had abdominal obesity and 18.8% of rural population had abdominal obesity.
- The urban people of India consumed 51.6 grams of fat per day
- The rural people consume 36 grams of fat per day
- Overall obesity was prevalent in 12.5% of population in urban areas and 4.9% in rural areas
- Nearly 31.4% of urban people were overweight and 16.6% of the rural population was overweight.
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Leader: Balram Bhargava
- Founded: 1911
1) Which apex body released the Second Sero Survey report? – ICMR
2) Headquarters of ICMR located at – New Delhi
3) Who launched vaccine portal for COVID-19 to create awareness among people? – Union Minister Harsh Vardhan
4) As per Sero Survey report, how much per cent of adult were exposed to COVID-19 virus? – 7.1%
5) The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) announced that which antiviral drug can be used against COVID-19? – Remdesivir
6) ICMR has approved the use of TrueNat for COVID-19 screening tests. TrueNat was used to diagnose which disease? – Tuberculosis
|Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|